Why Reset Wyze Cam?
A Wyze Cam can be reset for a number of reasons. Maybe you’re having trouble connecting to the internet or your camera is displaying an error message. Perhaps you want to sell your Wyze Cam or give it to someone as a gift. Whatever the reason, resetting your Wyze Cam is a pretty simple process.
There are two ways to reset your Wyze Cam. The first is to press and hold the Setup button for 10 seconds. This will initiate a factory reset and all of your Wyze Cam’s settings will be erased. The second way to reset your Wyze Cam is through the mobile app. Just go to the Devices tab, select your Wyze Cam, and tap on “Factory Reset” in the bottom-right corner.
If you’re experiencing issues with your Wyze Cam or just want to start fresh, you can reset it to factory settings. Here’s why you might want to reset your Wyze Cam and how to do it.
There are a few reasons you might want to reset your Wyze Cam. Maybe you’re having issues with the camera and want to start fresh, or maybe you’re giving the camera to someone else and want to remove all your personal information. Regardless of the reason, resetting your Wyze Cam is easy to do.
Here’s how to reset Wyze Cam:
- Open the Wyze app on your smartphone and tap on the device you want to reset.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap “General.”
Step 1: Power off your Wyze Cam
If your Wyze Cam is giving you trouble, one of the first things you can try is resetting it. Here’s how:
- Power off your Wyze Cam.
- Remove the batteries for 30 seconds.
- Replace the batteries and power on your Wyze Cam.
- Wait for the Wyze Cam to complete its startup sequence (about 2 minutes).
- That’s it! Your Wyze Cam has been reset and should be working properly again.
You can also reset your Wyze Cam using the power cable.
- Plug the Wyze Cam into a power source.
- Hold down the Mute button on the back of the camera until you hear a voice prompt saying, “Power cycle complete.”
- That’s it!
Step 2: Remove the SD card from your Wyze Cam
If you’re having trouble with your Wyze Cam and need to reset it, the first step is to remove the SD card. This will help clear any stored footage and allow you to start fresh.
To remove the SD card, first locate the small hole on the bottom of the camera. Insert a paperclip or other small object into this hole and push firmly until you feel the SD card pop out. Once the SD card is ejected, you can remove it from the camera and proceed with resetting your Wyze Cam.
If you’re looking to reset Wyze Cam, the first step is to remove the SD card from the device. This will ensure that all of your data is wiped from the camera before you proceed with the reset process.
To remove the SD card from your Wyze Cam, simply locate the slot on the back of the device and gently push the card inward until it pops out. Once the card is removed, you can proceed with resetting your Wyze Cam according to your needs.
If you’re having trouble with your Wyze Cam, one of the first things you should try is resetting it. Here’s how to remove the SD card from your Wyze Cam:
- Unplug the power cable from your Wyze Cam.
- Remove the screw from the bottom of the camera.
- Carefully pull out the SD card.
- Put the SD card back in and screw it in place.
- Plug in the power cable and turn on your Wyze Cam. Wyze Cam Pan uses a microSD card to store your recordings. You can view your recorded clips by connecting the camera to your computer, accessing the SD card like you would a standard flash drive and then browsing the files stored on it.
Step 3: Insert the SD card into your computer
If your Wyze Cam isn’t working properly, one troubleshooting step you can take is to reset the camera. This will restore the Wyze Cam to its factory default settings. To reset Wyze Cam:
- Power off your Wyze Cam.
- Remove the SD card from the Wyze Cam.
- Insert the SD card into your computer’s SD card reader.
- On your computer, open the SD card’s drive and locate the “reset” file.
- Delete the “reset” file from the SD card.
- Eject the SD card from your computer and reinsert it into the Wyze Cam.
- Power on your Wyze Cam and wait for it to restart (this may take up to 30 seconds). You should now be able to view live video from your Wyze Cam. Note: If you continue having issues with your Wyze Cam, please contact us at support@wyzecam.
Step 4: Delete all the files on the SD card
If you’re looking to reset Wyze Cam, the first step is to delete all the files on the SD card. This will ensure that all your settings and data are erased from the device.
To do this, simply format the SD card using a computer. Then, insert the SD card into your Wyze Cam and power it on. Once the device is booted up, go to the “Settings” menu and scroll down to “Format.” Select “Yes” to confirm and erase all data on the SD card.
- If you’re resetting Wyze Cam, the first step is to delete all the files on the SD card. This will ensure that your camera is completely wiped and ready for a fresh start.
- To delete all the files on your SD card, simply format it using a computer or by using the Wyze Cam app. Once the SD card is formatted, all of your Wyze Cam’s data will be erased.
- After you’ve deleted all the files on your SD card, your Wyze Cam will be reset to its factory settings. This means that all of your customizations and settings will be lost. If you want to keep any of your Wyze Cam’s data, make sure to back it up before resetting!
How do I set up the Wyze Cam v2? To get started, you’ll need to download the Wyze Cam app (available on iOS and Android) or connect your Wyze Cam to your home WiFi network using the Wyze Cam’s Ethernet port.
Step 5: Put the SD card back into your Wyze Cam
If your Wyze Cam has stopped working, don’t despair. In most cases, a simple reset will fix the problem. Here’s how to do it:
- Remove the SD card from your Wyze Cam.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Put the SD card back into your Wyze Cam.
- That’s it! Your Wyze Cam should now be working properly. If your Wyze Cam is still not working, please contact our support team for assistance.
Step 6: Power on your Wyze Cam
If you need to reset Wyze Cam for any reason, follow these steps:
- Unplug the power adapter from the Wyze Cam.
- Press and hold the Setup button (located on the back of the camera) for about 15 seconds.
- While still holding the Setup button, plug in the power adapter to the Wyze Cam.
- Continue to hold the Setup button until you see a solid yellow light on the front of the camera (this will take about 20-30 seconds).
- Once the light turns solid yellow, release the button and your Wyze Cam will reset itself.
Can I use my Wyze Cam outside? Yes! The Wyze Cam is weatherproof. It can be used both indoors and outdoors. However, the camera is not fully waterproof. Please do not submerge your camera in water or any liquid. My Wyze Cam is not streaming on my computer. What should I do? Make sure the Wyze Cam is powered ON and has a solid green light on the front of the device.
Conclusion: Now you’ve successfully reset your Wyze Cam!
If you’ve followed the steps in our previous article, you should now have a successfully reset Wyze Cam. Congratulations!
Resetting your Wyze Cam is a great way to fix any problems you may be having with the camera, or to simply start fresh. If you have any further questions about resetting your Wyze Cam, feel free to reach out to our support team.
Last modified: November 28, 2022