Are you looking for a way to install Reo Link Camera? Well, look no further! This blog will provide you with a full guide on how to install your camera quickly and easily.
Before you begin to Install Reo Link Camera
You should have the following items before you begin:
-A Wi-Fi router that supports 2.4 GHz
-An Apple device running iOS 11.2 or later, or an Android device running Lollipop 5.0 or later
-A power outlet near your router
-The Reolink app installed on your mobile device
What you need to Install Reo Link Camera
In order to install your Reolink camera, you will need the following equipment:
-A compatible Reolink camera. You can check compatibility by visiting our website and entering your camera’s model number in the search bar.
-The included power adapter for your camera.
-An Ethernet cable (if you are using a wired connection).
-A wireless router (if you are using a wireless connection).
-A computer or mobile device with an internet connection.
Installing the Reolink App
To Install Reo Link Camera first you need to install the app. Reolink App is available on mobile devices with Android 4.4 and up or iOS 9.0 and up.
1) Open Google Play or App Store on your mobile device;
2) Type Reolink in the searching bar;
3) Tap [Reolink App] to install;
4) Or you can directly download the Reolink app by clicking the corresponding links below:
Setting up your Reolink account
The first thing you need to do is set up your Reolink account. You can do this by visiting the Reolink website and clicking on the “Sign Up” button.
Once you’ve clicked on the “Sign Up” button, you will be taken to a new page where you will need to enter your email address, password, and username. Once you have entered all of your information, click on the “Create Account” button.
Once your account has been created, you will be taken to the “My Cameras” page. This is where you will be able to add your Reolink camera. To do this, click on the “Add Camera” button.
On the next page, you will need to select your camera type. For this tutorial, we will be using the RLC-410 as our example. Once you have selected your camera type, click on the “Next” button.
On the next page, you will need to enter your camera’s serial number and then click on the “Next” button.
On the next page, you will need to select your country and then click on the “Next” button.
On the next page, you will see a list of wireless networks that are available for your camera to connect to. Select your wireless network and then enter your wireless password. Once you have done this, click on the “Connect” button.
Once your camera has connected to your wireless network, you will see a green check mark next to your wireless network name. Now that your camera is connected to your wireless network, we can move on to setting up port forwarding.
Adding your camera
Before you add your Reolink camera to the Reolink Client (Mac and Windows), you need to connect it to your Wi-Fi network and then power it on.
Here are the detailed steps.
1. Unscrew the antenna from the camera.
2. Connect the camera to your router via an Ethernet cable. If your router is not close to where you want to place your camera, you can use a powerline adapter or Wi-Fi extender to extend the connection.
3. Power up the camera by plugging in the power adapter (included). The blue LED will light up and then blink slowly, which means that the camera is booting up. After about one minute, the blue LED will turn solid, indicating that the connection is successful.
Viewing your camera’s live feed
To view your camera’s live feed, start by logging in to the Reolink App. Then, select the “View Live” tab at the bottom of the screen. You will be taken to a page where you can view all of your cameras. Select the camera you would like to view and you will be taken to that camera’s live feed.
Motion detection and alerts
One of the great features of the Reolink Argus 2 is the PIR motion sensor. With this, you can receive alerts through the Reolink app whenever motion is detected. The camera will also start recording automatically when it detects movement. You can customise the motion detection sensitivity and set schedules for when you want the camera to be active in the app.
Recording and playback
Reo Link cameras automatically record and save motion and sound triggered events to the Reo Cloud. You can view, download, and share these events for up to 30 days after they occur.
If you have a Reo Hub, you can also choose to record motion and sound-triggered events to a USB drive (not included) connected to your Reolo Hub. Video files are saved in standard H.264 format and can be viewed on most popular media players.
To playback video files:
1. Launch the Reo app and sign in with your account credentials.
2. Select the hub that the camera is connected to if you have multiple hubs on your account.
3. Tap the “Camera” tab at the bottom of the screen, then select the camera you want to view from the list of cameras associated with your hub.
4. Tap the “Events” tab at the top of the screen, then select the event you want to view from the list of events associated with your camera.
5. Tap the “Play” button in the bottom-right corner of the event screen to begin playback of the video file associated with that event.
Last modified: November 28, 2022