Arlo Security Camera.
Arlo is a battery-operated security camera that you can connect to your home’s Wi-Fi network. Once it’s connected, you can view live footage from the camera on your smartphone or tablet.
Following are the steps to Connect Arlo Camera to wifi.
Step 1: Mount your Arlo camera.
If you’re looking to connect your Arlo camera, here’s what you need to do:
- Mount your Arlo camera. This can be done using the included mounting hardware, or you can use your own if you prefer.
- Connect the power adapter to your Arlo camera and plug it into an outlet.
- Use the Ethernet cable to connect your Arlo camera to your router. If you’re using a wireless connection, please refer to the instructions that came with your camera.
- Once everything is connected, open up the Arlo app on your smartphone or tablet and follow the prompts to complete the setup process.
- That’s it! Once everything is up and running, you’ll be able to view live footage from your Arlo camera(s) at any time, from anywhere in the world. If you’re having trouble connecting your Arlo camera to Wi-Fi, check out the troubleshooting section of our Support page.
Step 2: Connect the Arlo camera to the power adapter.
Arlo cameras are a great way to keep an eye on your home, office, or any other property. But before you can start using your Arlo camera, you need to connect it to the power adapter. Here’s how to do it:
- Start by plugging the power adapter into an outlet.
- Next, take the micro USB cable and plug it into the port on the back of the Arlo camera.
- Finally, plug the other end of the micro USB cable into the power adapter.
Once you’ve done all of that, your Arlo camera will be powered on and ready to use!
Step 3: Log in to your Arlo account.
If you’ve just purchased an Arlo security camera, congratulations! You’ve made a great choice in home security. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of logging in to your Arlo account for the first time.
The first thing you’ll need to do is connect your camera to the internet. Once it’s connected, open up a web browser and go to my.arlo.netgear.com. From there, you’ll be prompted to enter your username and password.
Once you’re logged in, you’ll be able to access all of the features of your Arlo account. You can view live footage from your cameras, set up motion alerts, and even add additional users so that they can log in and view footage as well.
If you’ve already set up your Arlo account, logging in is easy. Just enter your email address and password on the login page. If you haven’t set up an account yet, don’t worry. Setting one up only takes a few minutes.
Once you’re logged in, you can start adding your cameras. To do this, click on the “Add device” button on the main dashboard page. Then follow the instructions to connect your camera to your account. Now that you’ve set up your Arlo account, let’s go over how to set up motion alerts. The Nest Cam Indoor Wi-Fi tied for the high score in this review with the iBaby M6S Wi-Fi. This monitor earned the high score for video quality, range, and battery life, with second place scores for ease of use and features.
Step 4: Place the Arlo base station in a central location.
If you want to keep an eye on what’s going on at home when you’re not there, a home security camera is a great tool. Arlo makes some of the best wireless home security cameras on the market, and the Arlo Pro 2 is one of its most popular models. Here’s how to set it up.
First, you’ll need to connect the Arlo base station to your router using an Ethernet cable. Once that’s done, place the base station in a central location in your home. Next, sync your Arlo cameras with the base station by pressing the sync button on both devices.
Once your cameras are synced with the base station, they’ll be able to connect to it wirelessly and start streaming live video footage. You can view this footage from anywhere in the world using the Arlo app on your smartphone or tablet.
- In order to connect your Arlo camera, you will need to place the base station in a central location. This will ensure that the signal is strong enough to reach all of your devices.
- Once you have found a suitable location for the base station, you will need to connect it to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- After the base station is connected to your router, you can then begin the process of connecting your Arlo camera.
- To connect the Arlo camera, you will first need to download the Arlo app on your smartphone or tablet. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
- Next, you will need to sign in using your existing Arlo account or create a new account.
- If you do not have an account, click on the “Sign Up” button.
- On the next screen, fill out the required information to create your account and then click on “Create Account”.
- After the account has been created, you will then need to connect the Arlo camera. To connect the Arlo camera, click on Add Device.
- On the next screen, select your camera’s model and then click on Next .
- Next, you will need to download the Arlo app on your smartphone or tablet and then sign in using your existing Arlo account or create a new account. If you do not have an account, click on the Sign Up button.
Step 5: Connect the base station to your router.
If you’ve already set up your Arlo account and downloaded the app, you can skip ahead to Step 6. If you need help setting up your account, see this article: How do I set up my Arlo account?
To connect your arlo base station to your router:
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from your modem or gateway and plug it into the yellow Internet port on the back of your base station.
- Connect one end of the included power adapter to the power port on the back of the base station, and then plug it into an outlet. The Power LED on the front of the base station should light green.
- Wait about one minute for the Sync LED on the front of the base station to turn green. If it doesn’t turn green, see Why isn’t my Sync LED turning green?
- Press the Sync button on your router or modem to force a sync between them and the base station. If you’re using a Netgear router, go to step 5. If you’re using a different brand of router, go to this article: How do I restart my router? 6. Press the WPS/Reset button on your router or modem, and then press and hold the WPS button on the base station for more than 10 seconds. The Sync LED on the front of the base station should turn green. 7. Release both buttons. 8. Move your computer as close to the base station as possible. 9. Run the wireless network test again to verify that Wi-Fi is working properly.
Why isn’t my Sync LED turning green? If you’re seeing any of the following, please try these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure the base station is plugged in and turned on.
- Make sure your router is powered on, connected to the Internet, and broadcasting a Wi-Fi signal.
- If you’re using a different brand of router, go to this article: How do I restart my router?
- Make sure your computer is connected to the network and turned on.
- If you’re testing on a Mac, make sure Wi-Fi is set to ON and AirPort is set to ON in your Network system preferences.
- If you’re testing on a Windows PC, make sure Wi-Fi is set to ON and the Wireless Network Connection Status shows Connected. 7. Make sure your computer is not in Airplane mode.
- If you’re testing on a Windows PC, go to your Notification Area and make sure your Wi-Fi icon is lit. Click the icon (or right-click it) to see if there are any error messages. If you’re getting an error message, try restarting your computer.
- If you’re testing on a Mac, open your Wi-Fi menu and make sure the wireless network is connected. You should see a checkmark next to the wireless network name.
- If your iPhone is in Airplane mode but Wi-Fi is turned on, you may be receiving a “Wi-Fi not available” error message. If this happens, turn off Airplane mode and then turn it back on again.
Step 6: Sync your Arlo cameras to the base station.
Now that you have your Arlo base station all set up, it’s time to connect your Arlo cameras. This process is pretty simple and only takes a few minutes. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure that your Arlo base station and camera are powered on and close to each other.
- Press the sync button on your Arlo base station. You’ll see a blue light start flashing.
- Now press the sync button on your Arlo camera. You should see a green light start flashing.
- Once both lights are flashing, they will automatically connect and the blue light on the base station will turn solid.
- That’s it! You’re now ready to use your Arlo cameras!
If you are not completely satisfied with our services, for any reason, give us a call at 1-800-676-2355. We will be happy to assist you with canceling or switching your alarm service. If you are a former client, please contact AlarmForce directly at 1-800-567-7233 to cancel or switch your service.
With these simple steps, you can easily connect your Arlo camera and be on your way to enjoying enhanced security for your home or business.
If you’re looking to add an extra layer of security to your home or business, an Arlo camera is a great option. But before you can start using it, you’ll need to connect it to your network. Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to do just that:
- Start by downloading the Arlo app onto your mobile device.
- Once the app is installed, open it up and create an account.
- Once you’ve logged in, tap on the “Add Device” button.
- Select “Arlo Camera” from the list of options.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the connection process.
- That’s it! You should now be able to view live footage from your Arlo camera in the app. A good indoor security camera is one that’s easy to install, offers a variety of features, and is affordable. The Netgear Arlo Q 1080p HD Security Camera (VMC3040) ticks all those boxes. It’s easy to install, offers more than just a video camera, and it’s very affordable. It also gets rave reviews from customers on Amazon.
Last modified: December 20, 2022